Saturday, December 4, 2010

Time to expand

We are steadily harvesting and eating the lettuce and using the lemon basil in some great Mediterranean dishes.  I have taken a few photos, but since we are steadily trimming the plants, there is really no need to post them. 

The PH has needed a couple very small adjustments and I have only added about a gallon of water in the past 6 days due to transpiration.  As I stated previously, it takes about 5 minutes of my time each day to monitor a couple things such as water level and PH.  Hydroponics continues to be virtually maintenance free.

I am very satisfied with the limited maintenance, high growth rates, and overall ease of use hydroponics.  It is time to expand our capacity to grow more greens and keep a crop in harvest rotation at all times.  We are getting pretty spoiled with fresh greens in salads and on sandwiches.  They are delicious!

I am still making some final decisions on the design of the Deep Water Culture system and will post when I begin the actual build.

No comments:

Post a Comment